WANT TO UNDERSTAND BOOMS AND BUSTS?
Posted by PrestoPundit on 10/24/2008
Want to stop blabbering on about the economy like a moronic journalist or BS’ing Congressman or always surprised macroeconomists from the elite universities? Let me suggest then, that you spend some time with these books and articles by Friedrich Hayek or these essays by Roger Garrison or this book and these articles by Gerald O’Driscoll or any one of these books and articles by a variety of other authors. The Mises Institute also has an excellent compendium of articles on the current crisis collected at The Bailout Reader.
For beginners try these:
- “An Interview with Roger Garrison”
- Roger Garrison — “Capital Based Macroeconomics”
- F. A. Hayek — “Can We Still Avoid Inflation?”
- Roger Garrison — “Business Cycles”
- “The Pretense of Knowledge” — Hayek’s Nobel lecture
On the current crisis read these:
- Mark Thornton, “The Housing Bubble in 4 Easy Steps”
- Russ Roberts — “How the Government Stoked the Mania”
- Gerald O’Driscoll, Jr. — “Subprime Monetary Policy”
- Warren Coats, “The D E Fs of the Financial Markets Crisis”
- Sebastian Mallaby, “Blaming Deregulation”